Visa Categories


Diplomatic/ Official


Short-Term Stay

    A stay of up to 90 days for tourism, business, visiting friends or relatives, etc. that does not include remunerative activities

Work, Long-Term Stay

 To work or long-term stay in Japan, You must apply for the appropriate visa. For detailed information, please click here. Applicants for working visas are required to submit a "Certificate of Eligibility"with their application.
 What is a Certificate of Eligibility ?
   A Certificate of Eligibility is issued before a visa application by a regional immigration authority under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Justice as evidence that the foreign national meets the conditions for landing in Japan, including the requirements that the activity in which the foreign national wishes to engage in Japan at the time of the landing examination is not fraudulent and is an activity that comes under a status of residence (excluding Temporary Visitor Status) stipulated in the Immigration Control Act. (Application by a proxy in Japan is allowed. For details go to the Immigration Services Agency of Japan.)
   A foreign national in possession of a Certificate of Eligibility can get a visa issued more easily at an embassy or consulate within the standard processing period (five working days). (However, issuance of the visa is not guaranteed.) Furthermore, there is the advantage that if the certificate is shown to the immigration officer at the time of the landing application the foreign national can more easily demonstrate that their status of residence conforms to the conditions for landing in Japan such as control, etc.

Visit Japan Web

 Eligible visitors now can submit necessarily information for quarantine, immigration and customers procedures to enter Japan through "Visit Japan Web"